Monday, July 29, 2013

Knitted socks

My grandmother used to knit us socks. Every winter, on every Christmas, each person of our family received 2 pairs of knitted socks. It was a lovely present, a great tradition that we all expected every Christmas morning. I still have the last socks she knitted for me and I barely wear them for fear not to ruin them. I will cherish them forever.
Every year I look at them and I wonder when she managed to do them for all of us and I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to learn to do it myself from her.
So this year, I put my mind to do it. Kept searching for patterns and they all seem so difficult to make :) And I thought I will never learn to do it.
But, after long searching I found a pattern from purl bee that seemed easy enough for me.
So, I did it.
My first socks. :) While I was knitting them , I felt like I was doing them with my grandmother. And it was lovely :)
I recommend this pattern to all you knit beginners :) 

And here they are mine :





No comments:

Post a Comment