Monday, July 22, 2013

It started like this...

Hmm... where should I start ? Let's try with the beginning :)  I always loved crafts. Just that back then I had no idea that it is called "crafts". :) My mother taught me some knitting techniques, my neighbor sewing tips  while one of my grandmothers taught me cross-stitching. Meanwhile my other grandmother was buying me dolls to make them clothes :) I'm happy to say that they still wear them proudly :) When in first years of school I made myself a new best girlfriend (whom I'm happy to say after 24 years she still is my best girlfriend - and we talk almost daily ) that had the same love for crafts as I did, so we made lots of stuff together that brought us great joy. So sorry that we have no pictures from those years.

Years passed. School got to be very time consuming so all kind of crafts were slowly left behind.

But about 51/2 years I got married to the most wonderful man. And as my mother used to knit my father sweaters and scarves I wanted to make my hubby also something with my own two little hands that he could cherish forever. So I decided to make him a scarf. I had a little trouble remembering to cast on, but I did it. And after finishing this scarf, by husband asked me to make him a hat from a Kippah (a jewish hat). And I said : What????? How am I supposed to do this, tell me ? I barely know how to knit !!! But I tried. And a kinda of hat came to life.





And he loved it . Though it's weird knit, has something like a tale at the back and it leaves stripes on his forehead after wearing it. :)  Five years after he still wears them and does not want any other hat :) Isn't he a cutie ? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment